Monday, October 6, 2008

N & N turn 6!

I can't believe my twins turned six today. Amazing. I also can't believe how much fun kids can be. This year's theme was "Apples" and we held it right after the neighborhood bus unloaded. Thankfully, they meant the real apples and not the little ipod thingies that I'm sure they will ask for soon.



Thankfully the weather held out and we got a beautiful fall day. I think the high point for my boy was bobbing for apples. We were pretty certain he was going to drown himself, but he ended up coming up with an apple. Focus and commitment. I like it.



This one was pretty funny too. The kids did an apple relay where they had to roll the apple with their nose.



Birthdays come down to cake and ice cream. My wife crafted this fine apple from home made cup cakes and home made frosting while Culver's supplied the ice cream cake.



In the end, it was a fun time had by all. No one got hurt. No police or child protection showed up. No crying kids. All in all a great neighborhood party. Happy Birthday N & N. Mom and dad love you so much. You are awesome 6 year olds.

3 comments:

Arleigh Jenkins said...

I think some "Twin Six" gear is in need!

Jason said...

I LOVE IT! Happy B-Day to them. Nice cake too. Looks like Patrick Star made of cup cakes!

I do have to say I was looking forward to seeing you in that Sponge Bob costume again. Or did you dress up like an apple? Folks would have thought you were the dude from the Fruit Of The Loom commercials! ;)

j

Guitar Ted said...

Happy Birtday to the N & N! Awesome! I hope the sixth year is a blast for them and you too Jen and Jason!