Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Fly Utah

While in Utah, we were really taken and amazed by the natural environment. However, it wasn't the only thing that amazed us. We were lucky to get a couple of passes comped by the city of Ogden to I Fly, an indoor sky diving experience.



I know what you are thinking after seeing that picture, "How did a girl like that end up with Mr. Potato head?" Well...I guess I just got lucky.

After a little instruction, we enter the wind tunnel area and waited our turn. The wind tunnel shoots air straight up at about 100 mph (depending on the sky diver's weight). Jen went first and made it look too easy. Here she is floating about 10 feet in the air.



I went next and after a little help from the instructor, I was floating on air. So cool. I was a bit nervous at first, but that immediately went away after the instructor helped me with my position. I tried to give the thumbs up for this picture, but even that subtle little hand change dropped me out of the air.



We each got two turns in the tunnel. On the second run it was easier to get situated and then a professional instructor came in and floated us up about 20 feet. We went up and down like a yo yo. In the end, it was quite a bit of time for 2 minutes of floating, but it was worth it. Certainly one of my favorite things I've ever done.

4 comments:

Captain Bob said...

Come on Jason. Lucky? You're a Spud! I mean Stud.

Looks like you both had a great time. That's cool.

Jason said...

PRICELESS! FREAKING PRICELESS! That pic is just the best. Looks like at good time. Are you back in the hood yet?

GNAT said...

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm back in the hood. Rainy. Cold. Yuck.

Looking forward to getting going again. It's been almost 2 weeks off the bike. That's the longest break I've had this year since I went to China in March.

MG said...

Wow... That's so cool. I think it just might be worth the time off the bike. I have to say that, in that picture of you an Jen, you both look very happy. I don't think there's much to wonder about as far as why either of you is with eachother. You're meant to be together. Everybody has a soul mate... Luckily you found yours.

I just got back from three days of work related travel and returned with a resurgent cold -- oh the joy of travel. I haven't been on my bike since Monday, so I'm looking forward to giving it a spin in the AM too.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
MG