Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back from my first GTDRI

I survived my first GTDRI and 100+ miles of Iowa gravel. I'm pretty excited. We all started together and finished together. This poor guy wasn't so lucky.



It was a great time. The whole family came down and we are now back in MN. I'm sorting through my thoughts and pictures. I'll have something up here or on the Salsa blog later this week. I've also got some great shots to choose from for Photo Friday. Stay tuned.

Hope your weekend was as good as mine.

Just got a slide show up and running. Check it out.


10 comments:

Jason said...

OUCH! That's what my legs felt like today. Glad it all went well. What bike did you use?

GNAT said...

You'll see it soon enough. ;)

Jason said...

I hate you. OK, not really, but you know what I mean! ;)

Guitar Ted said...

gnat: Thanks so much for making it down for the ride. I want to thank your family too. I know that time away is precious. (My kids missed me sorely!)

Awesome ride by you! Congrats on the first hundy n several years. You made it look easy!

d.p. said...

Nice to meet you. Hope our tardy return didn't cause too much trouble.

Butcher said...

Thanks guys.

My legs tell me it was a lot harder than I thought. Darn it, I'm cooked.

My late return was no big deal. I just knew my kids would would be excited to see me and that they'd be hungry. It was all great.

Thanks again guys. You have no idea how much I needed that day.

MG said...

No, thank YOU! I needed that ride too. That was exactly what I was looking for, and you guys delivered.

And it's inspiring to see how strong you're riding right now, Jason. The fitness you've gained is as impressive as the weight you've shed and it's clear that your momentum is moving in the right direction. Keep it up, my brother.

I look forward to riding again with you soon.

Cheers,
MG

Head Honcho said...

Wow, Jason - those shots are great! That little G9 is an impressive widgit for sure. Thanks for posting 'em up.

Taugimba said...

Nice to meet you (and your family) and get a chance to ride with you.

mw said...

nice riding!

i took a similar dead animal part picture.