Monday, February 25, 2008

More Bike Lust

Oct 3
- Approximately 50 miles
- Food galore! More than we should have. I just keep eating.

Beautiful sun today. Thank God! We deserve it after Alaska. Staying on Crescent Lake, a 600ft+ foot deep glacial carved lake. Once again beautiful. We have been pretty lucky. The lake is very clear and the turquoise water is cold & breathtaking.

I keep dreaming about my Yamaguchi. I have to seriously consider buying one when I get home. Also keep dreaming about a bike shop & tour company. I know I could do it.



Image taken from here: This is the first photo on this blog that was not taken by John or I.

So....I find it kind of funny that the Yamaguchi thing has come up. In my mind, Yamaguchi frames represent a specific period of my life. I call them by "Bike Shop" days. These were the days when a few of my friends got up, went to class, went to work, rode together almost every day, went to races on weekends and trained together when we weren't racing. I did many 100+ mile road rides sitting behind my boss and good friend on his white Yamaguchi. Man that was a beautiful bike.

Why am I talking about old friends today? Just before writing this blog entry, I got an email from one of those friends from that period of my life. He is the one that started the Yamaguchi bike lust at the shop. I haven't spoken to him in over 6 months.

Can bikes keep friends connected? I sure think so.

2 comments:

MG said...

I think so too Jason. Bicycles unite people. Heck, they brought us back together, and I'm thankful for that.

Thanks good buddy.

Cheers,
MG

Guitar Ted said...

mg: Yup! Without the bicycle in my life I'd have missed out on a lot of good people. I'm very thankful for that.

Must be "old home week". We just got a new hire here that worked with me at my first shop gig!